Welcome to Guest Wireless Network service provided by The Catholic Community of St. Thomas More (“STM”).
Last Updated: May 1, 2014
When you click to 'continue to the internet', you agree with and accept all of the terms and conditions contained in this notice:
1. We are providing you access to our Guest Wireless Network as a complementary service for your convenience during your visit. You acknowledge that (i) the Guest Wireless Network service provides unencrypted wireless access to the internet; (ii) you are solely responsible for the security of your system and any transmissions you make or receive; and (iii) you understand the risks of unencrypted access to the internet and will take any necessary security precautions, including but not limited to encrypting confidential transmissions, backing up any data and protecting your system with a firewall and robust user authentication.
2. You agree that your activities on this Guest Wireless Network shall not:
a) introduce any malware, viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, key-loggers, cancelbots or other computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system data or personal information;
b) create any liability for us or cause us to lose (in whole or in part) the services of our suppliers;
c) violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising);
d) be defamatory, trade libelous, threatening, bullying, abusive or harassing;
d) be obscene, lewd, or involve child pornography;
f) infringe any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights, rights of privacy or rights of publicity;
g) involve any attempt to access any data or system which you are not authorized to access; or
h) transmit "junk mail", "chain letters", or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging, "spimming" or "spamming”;
i) circumvent any security measures on our Guest Wireless Network including but not limited to obtaining unauthorized access to any passwords, files, or data belonging to STM or any third party or changing or deleting any passwords, files, or data;
j) include making unauthorized copies of any materials, files, data, information, images, or data;
k) include downloading or otherwise placing on our Wireless Network copies of any software, programs, or utilities;
l) engage in commercial or lobbying activities.
3. You accept that we routinely monitor and log communications over our networks for security, performance and other purposes, including to ensure compliance with this Guest Wireless Network Access Policy. Except where prohibited by applicable law, we may access, monitor, audit, intercept and disclose any such communications, data or information and users should not expect this information to remain private.
4. When you access or use the Guest Wireless Network, we will receive information that may identify you or the device you are using. That information may include MAC address, IP address, and unique device identifier such as a name or number assigned to the device. If you were required to login in order to access or use the Service, then registration information we obtain from you may include your name, phone number and email address. We also may receive the real-time location of your device while it is accessing the Service.
We will use this information to provide the Guest Wireless Network, to troubleshoot or otherwise address issues related to the Network, to provide reasonable security protections as described above, and for general administrative and compliance purposes. We will share that information with others in the following circumstances:
5. ACCESS TO OUR GUEST WIRELESS NETWORK IS PROVIDED “AS-IS” AND “WHERE-IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE GUEST WIRELESS NETWORK WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR EXPECTATIONS, THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT YOUR USE OF THE GUEST WIRELESS NETWORK WILL NOT RESULT IN DAMAGE OR INTRODUCTION OF VULNERABILITIES TO ANY DEVICE THAT YOU USE, LOSS OR DELETION OF COMMUNICATIONS OR INFORMATION, OR TRANSMISSION OF VIRUSES OR OTHER MALICIOUS CODE OR CONTENT THAT MAY BE HARMFUL TO YOUR COMPUTER OR OTHER DEVICES. ALL COMMUNICATIONS YOU SEND AND INFORMATION OR MATERIALS YOU ACCESS OR DOWNLOAD THROUGH THE GUEST WIRELESS NETWORK SHALL BE AT YOUR OWN RISK AND SUBJECT TO MONITORING.
6. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL STM OR ANY OF ITS AGENTS, EMPLOYEES OR SERVICE PROVIDERS HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOSS, INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE GUEST WIRELESS NETWORK. THIS COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY APPLIES TO ALL LOSSES AND DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, GENERAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PERSONAL INJURY/WRONGFUL DEATH, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF INCOME, PROFITS OR DATA), EVEN IF AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF STM HAS BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.