"Let the little children come to me." (Matthew 19:14)
The Sunday Morning Nursery Ministry offers its members the opportunity for more prayerful worship during Mass time. Parents take turns working the nursery, but each nursery also has a regular Nursery Leader so children and parents will see a familiar face each week. Through this ministry parents are encouraged to bring their young children to church but are provided with an alternative to bringing lively little ones into the sanctuary. The nursery seeks to provide the youngest members of our Church with a safe and happy place where they can participate in age-appropriate activities during the Mass.
For information please contact Jeanie Stasko, Nursery Ministry Coordinator (919-428-3333.)
Nursery Location: 1st Floor of the Parish Center, beside the elevator
- The nursery is available for children ages 1 to 5 at the 9:15 Mass on Sunday. Please bring your child no earlier than 15 minutes before Mass begins and pick them up immediately after Mass ends. Children need not be potty-trained.
- All children, including one-time visitors, must be signed in and out of the nursery. No exceptions.
- New families and family members of parishioners are welcome to visit, but we ask that you call Jeanie Stasko before visiting (919-428-3333.) We apologize for any inconvenience, but we cannot accept drop-ins. New families may visit 2-3 times before deciding to join.
- Families wishing to join the Nursery must have at least one adult family member who is willing to volunteer in the Nursery approximately once every 8-10 weeks (depending on the number of volunteers available each Mass.) All Membership and volunteer forms can be found in the New Member packet or you can download them from the link below.
- All adults who will volunteer in the nursery must complete a background check and attend a Safe-Environment workshop in our Diocese. For information about Child and Youth Protection and about Safe Environment Training workshops available at St Thomas More, please visit: http://stmchapelhill.org/child-and-youth-protection. For a listing of Child and Youth Protection workshops available throughout the Diocese of Raleigh please visit: http://www.dioceseofraleigh.org/offices/child-and-youth-protection/calendar
- There must be at least two adults present at all times while the nursery is open and children are present. If two adults are not available, the nursery will be canceled for that Mass and a sign will be posted on the door.
- The Nursery operates on a first-come, first served basis with a maximum number of children admitted depending on the number of adults present. A ratio of two adults to six children must be maintained -- with a minimum of two adults -- at all times. (Two adults must be present to care for up to 12 children. Three adults are required for 13-18 children and four adults for 19-24 children.)
- Children will only be released to a family member listed on the member log. (Visiting children will only be released to the parent or guardian who signed the child in.)
- Children who have had a rash, fever, or diarrhea, or who had been vomiting within the past 24 hours are asked not to attend the Nursery. In addition, please do not send children who have a very runny nose or persistent cough. We may ask you to pick up your child if we notice any of these symptoms.)
- No food or beverages are allowed in the Nursery Room. You may leave a sippy cup filled with water only. (Please label with your child’s name.)
Nursery Ministry Welcome Letter
Nursery Volunteer Responsibilities
Families interested in joining the Nursery Ministry should call to schedule a visit or stop by the nursery room after Mass and let us know when you plan to visit. If after visiting 2-3 times, you feel this ministry is right for your family, please fill out a: 1) Nursery Ministry Registration form, and for every adult who will volunteer, a 2) Nursery Ministry Volunteer form, and a 3) Diocese of Raleigh Background Check form. You do not need to submit any forms in order to visit.
Once you have submitted your forms (bring to Nursery on Sunday or leave with someone at the Welcome Desk at the Parish Center on weekdays) please allow 2-3 weeks for processing. You may continue to sign in on the Visitor/New Family Sign-in Book until your name appears in the Nursery Member Sign-in book. Nursery members are welcome to attend either nursery.
Contact Jeanie Stasko, Nursery Coordinator, (919-428-3333) if you have any questions about the Sunday Morning Nursery Ministry.
Nursery Volunteer Scheduling (registered Nursery members only):
Liturgical Ministry Scheduler
Liturgical Ministers: Nursery
Login to the Web Terminal to view or change your contact information and scheduling preferences.